There’s much curiosity about Absinthe, the drink referred to as Green Fairy or La Fee Verte. People want to know how to buy it, what kind to get, how you can prepare it and what’s the advised quantity of Absinthe to work with when contriving a drink.
Initially you must obtain a quality Absinthe that’s abundant in essential oils and that contains wormwood. There are plenty of Absinthe substitutes and fake Absinthes www.absinthekit.com available for sale that contain southernwood or roman wormwood instead of common wormwood (artemisia absinthium). Make sure you buy a proper real Absinthe. If you live in a country where it is difficult to get a high quality Absinthe then you could create your own Absinthe using essences from AbsintheKit.com.
Once you have got your Absinthe, you will need to learn The Ritual, or La Louche. This is the traditional French or Swiss method of preparing Absinthe and it uses one shot of Absinthe. Listed below are the instructions:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe to the glass.
– Rest the Absinthe spoon over the rim of the glass and place a cube of sugar on it.
– Slowly drip iced water on the sugar either by dripping from the tap of the fountain or simply by using a steady hand to pour from a carafe. Dripping it slowly and gradually will give the sugar possiblity to dissolve and drip throughout the slots of the spoon. You ought to see a lovely “louche” effect as the water mixes in the alcohol. The Absinthe louches because the essential oils of the herbs are soluble in alcohol but not in water and so make the mixture cloudy or milky when water is added in.
– Sit by and enjoy your Absinthe drink.
The Bohemian or Czech Method is very much like the Ritual but is a modern means of preparing cheap Czech Absinthes. The Bohemian method is scorned by a lot of Absinthe followers.
Instructions and tricks for using the Bohemian method:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe to the glass and dip the sugar cube into it to soak the sugar.
– Place sugar cube over the Absinthe spoon and rest about the rim of the glass.
– Set the sugar cube alight for 1 minute to allow for the sugar to caramelize and melt. The sugar should drip throughout the slots of the spoon and in the Absinthe.
– Place the spoon in to the Absinthe and pour the cold water into the Absinthe to set out any flames and to cause the Absinthe to louche.
– Delight in your Absinthe drink.
If you want to enjoy your Absinthe properly the you’ll want some Absinthiana – Absinthe glasses, spoons and maybe even an Absinthe fountain to manage the flow of the water. Replicas of antique spoons and glasses can be bought from AbsintheKit.com.
So, what is the recommended amount of Absinthe to utilize while preparing an Absinthe drink? About 45ml or a US shot. Obviously, you can use Absinthe in cocktails too – look for recipes online.