Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first genuine wormwood that contains Absinthe to be legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, that have been developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) wheretopurchaseabsinthe along with other standard Absinthe herbs. More information can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs instead of unnatural colors.
– It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a leading Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid has a full measure of grande wormwood exactly like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe included huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they would all pass US restrictions (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is actually distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
Based on the Lucid website it can be bought over the United States therefore you must be able to buy it through your local liquor store. You could look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also has a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the US – a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another excellent method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the very first item but handling and shipping is free for added products ordered.
The essences via AbsintheKit.com are made from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs just like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they are a great buy. Merely mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is known.
Essences are a good alternative to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to use too.