Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first genuine wormwood that contains Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are
desirous to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, which are developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other traditional Absinthe herbs. Additional information are available at drinklucid.com but here are a few facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It gets its green color from whole herbs instead of unnatural colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was created by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe contained immeasureable thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they’d all pass US restrictions (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid includes a very special black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In line with the Lucid website it could be bought over the United States this means you must be able to purchase it from your local liquor store. You can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists just like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The web site also offers a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another excellent means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There’s a handling fee for the very first item but shipping and handling costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs for instance wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits made up of 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they are a great buy. Simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is well known.
Essences are a good option to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to work with too.