Today of the Absinthe revival it is easy to buy Absinthe on the web and it is legal, in many countries, to ingest Absinthe in bars.Absinthe is an alcoholic drink which is about two times as strong as other spirits like whisky and vodka. It has an anise flavor and is made from herbs like wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Absinthe was famously forbidden in many countries in the 1900s, though it never was prohibited in the UK, Spain, Portugal or even the Czech Republic. The thujone in wormwood was thought to be similar to THC in cannabis also to cause psychedelic effects, it has now been disproved.
There are many modern classic style Absinthes – brands that are re-creations of vintage and traditional Absinthes. Price varies in accordance with the brand and the website you order from – check around for the best price and to find Absinthe sales, offers and specials.
Here is a listing of some great classic brands:-
– The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux – These Absinthes are manufactured at the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Ted Breaux screened and analyzed classic bottles of unique Absinthe and used what he learned about the components and quantities to formulate this distinctive line of Absinthes. His Absinthes, that are distilled in old 19th century alambics, involve a classic Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a Swiss type Absinthe, a La Bleue style absinthe, and Edouard Pernod type Absinthe, a new Orleans inspired Absinthe and his “Lucid” brand which had become the first legal Absinthe in the USA.
– Absinthe Clandestine – This Absinthe is made by Claude-Alain Bugnon, former Absinthe bootlegger. This Absinthe is usually a La Bleue clear Absinthe made in Bugnon’s distilleries in Couvet, Switzerland. Bugnon uses conventional herbs, like wormwood and anise, in his Absinthe recipes combined with Alpine herbs.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This La Bleue is also distilled in Couvet by Guadentia Persoz and her husband. They found a 1898 menu and old alambic in their home when they relocated in and therefore are now employing this recipe, consisting of 12 herbs, to generate this popular Swiss Absinthe.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – An Absinthe distilled in Pontarlier, France, the town where Pernod manufactured his first Absinthes. This Absinthe employs traditional distilling methods in nineteenth century alambics but has a modern twist to make a different tasting Absinthe for the modern day Absinthe drinker.
Purchase Absinthe Essences
The brands stated earlier are all great brands of Absinthe made using knowledge from the past, but you may want to try your hand at creating your personal bottle of the Green Fairy.
Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com are a very inexpensive way to make top-quality Absinthe at a great price. A 280ml bottle of Absinthe essence can make 14 bottles of actual wormwood Absinthe! The 280ml bottles come in a kit with bottle labels and a measure to measure out the essence.
You will find 4 forms of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics essence – This essence constitutes a classic style green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for those who like Swiss La Bleue clear styles of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This is made up of real orange oil and produces a yellow-orange colored and orange flavoured Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – The other three essences consist of 35mg of thujone, the chemical substance in the herb wormwood, but this essence makes a stronger 55mg Asbinthe liquor with a strong bitter wormwood taste. Great for those who like the flavor of wormwood.
All these essences can be obtained discounted at the store of AbsintheKit.com. And purchasing is easy.
To utilize the essences, simply mix with a neutral alcohol base such as Everclear or vodka, add sugar of you like a smoother Absinthe, and there it is – your own Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell replica Absinthe glasses and spoons such as a Pontarlier style glass as well as an Eiffel Tower spoon. The right gift for an Absinthe lover.