Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first actual wormwood containing Absinthe to become legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 most people are
desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and also Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, which were developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other classic Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several information about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs rather than synthetic colors.
– It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was created by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making strategies to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid has a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe comprised immeasureable thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they would all pass US regulations (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes inspired by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
Based on the Lucid website it may be bought across the United States this means you must be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. You possibly can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also has a web shop where you could order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another great method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There is a handling fee for the initial item but shipping and handling is free of charge for added products ordered.
The essences via AbsintheKit.com are produced from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are offered also costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really are a great buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka now you’ve got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is famous.
Essences are a fantastic substitute to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to use too.